Nowadays, if you have a business, especially an online business as a virtual assistant, it's also a necessity that you have social media profiles to promote it. But between doing client work, keeping your billing and finances in check, and trying to have a life on the side (the struggle is real, we know) how are you supposed to have time to keep up with posting to all your different social profiles?
Behold! There's an app for that. Tons, actually. These programs can automate your posting so you don't have to continuously fill your feeds. Now, that's not to say you don't need to log on and interact with your audience every once in a while, after all, it is SOCIAL media. But, with these tools you can schedule posts to go out when you won't be around to post them (hello, vacation!) or during non-working hours:
- Hootsuite - Arguably one of the most popular automation tools out there, Hootsuite works like a dream for scheduling future posts to almost ANY social network. Hootsuite is more of a comprehensive social media management platform vs. just a content publishing platform and has a very user-friendly dashboard, as well as detailed, built-in analytics. You can also use it to delegate tasks with other users, making it a great option for teams. Hootsuite has an impressive integrations library to work with other tools you use like Mailchimp, Dropbox and Google Drive. The basic plan is free, you can check it out here.
- Buffer - If you're looking for a tool that is simply for content publication, check out Buffer. Buffer can schedule and post your content to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and most recently, Pinterest. One cool feature of Buffer is that it can be used with task-automation tools like IFTTT and Zapier. (Learn more about those programs with this post!) Buffer also has a pretty nifty mobile app! Learn more or sign up for a plan here.
- MeetEdgar - MeetEdgar is not as widely used or known as Hootsuite and Buffer. But, it has some pretty great features that truly set it apart as a content publishing tool. MeetEdgar gives you the ability to automatically recycle your content using categories and an editable category content calendar. For example, Edgar uses posts saved in your library to create a queue. After the program posts an update once, it goes back to the bottom of the pile for that category so it can post again later. The result? More views to your old content and an automatically renewing post queue! You can try MeetEdgar free for 30 days by clicking here!
- Oktopost - Oktopost markets itself as a social media management program specifically for B2B's. So for virtual assistants trying to recruit potential clients, it's a good option. Oktopost has a pretty advanced analytics system, and built-in tools for things such as acquisition and lead attribution, exportable data reports, and team capabilities. You can request a demo of their service by clicking here!
This list is just the tip of the iceberg when exploring social media management and content publication tools. Feel free to do your own research and make a decision on which platform is right for you!
What other social media tools do you use? Share with us in the comments section below!
- 4 Apps To Help You Find Great Content - September 22, 2020
- I Have A Wonderful Synergy With My Virtual Assistant - September 15, 2020
- Free Skills Class of the Week: Google Analytics Academy - September 8, 2020