Creating Positive Futures
Description of work to be done:
Online Marketing Assistant
Digital Marketing | Graphic Design | Writing | Social Media | General Virtual Assistance
A small Academic & ADHD coaching practice that was founded in 2013 to help teens earn better grades with less stress by improving their mindset, organization, time management, and study skills. We are looking for an awesome marketing assistant to help with all the work we need to do behind the scenes to keep our website, blog, product launches, and ongoing marketing efforts running smoothly.
You will be joining our team as an independent contractor to help perform a variety of important marketing and website related tasks and general virtual assistance - including helping with digital marketing, graphic design, social media, and writing-related tasks.
This position will start off at 5-10 hours/week, with the potential to increase over time.
Some examples of your responsibilities will include…
- Format and send out newsletters in Ontraport (Proofread, format, and schedule delivery)
- Create landing pages and email follow-up campaigns for upcoming events
- Duplicate and set up web pages in WordPress, and update website content
- Draft & schedule Facebook posts
- Create graphics in Canva and/or Photoshop
- Locate and purchase photos for newsletters, blogs, and social media
- Use Zapier to connect online services
- Create + track analytics for website, newsletter, blog posts, and social media posts
- Set up Zoom for upcoming webinars / teleseminars
- Research and identify potential strategic partners & speaking events / sponsorships
- Update and format PDF flyers, handouts & signup sheets for speaking engagements
- Add new leads to Ontraport after speaking engagements and networking events
- Turn audio recordings into written emails, social media posts, and/or blog posts.
Ideal applicants will have the following personal characteristics...
- Friendly, enthusiastic personality
- An optimist by nature, who is always able to see the bright side in any situation
- Curious, eager & willing to learn and grow. Enjoys taking on new challenges!
- Enjoys technology and loves learning new software + programs
- Love to feel productive and get things done
- Flexible schedule; enjoy being able to respond quickly to new tasks and projects
- Happy to return a text or phone call anytime, and can’t remember the last time you had an email sitting in your inbox for more than a few hours
- Extremely detail-oriented; prefer to complete tasks carefully + accurately, and double (or triple) check everything to ensure there are no mistakes.
- The opposite of a procrastinator; you would much rather complete tasks way before the deadline than be rushing to finish them at the last minute.
- Very organized and efficient (You get a thrill out of visiting the Container Store, and write things down on your to-do list even after you’ve done them…just for the fun of checking them off!)
- Exceptional written and spoken English skills; native or fluent speaker
- Excellent verbal processing skills; able to quickly and easily turn spoken instructions into written text or into a to-do list of specific tasks to complete
- Excellent at following directions. Prefer to ask questions immediately if instructions or expectations are unclear, rather than risk making a mistake.
- Internally motivated, and committed to doing excellent work even when no one is watching
- Good eye for design; enjoy making an effort to create things that are beautiful and functional
- Excited by the idea of being part of a small, growing business that has a positive impact on the lives of students and their families, and helps young adults in reaching their full potential (You’d love to feel like your work is making a difference in the world!)
Duration of work:
Software VA should be familiar with:
While these skills can be taught on the job, ideal applicants will be comfortable using the following programs and applications...
- Ontraport and OntraPages
- Wishlist Member
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
- Google Drive, Docs and Sheets
- Acuity Scheduling
Estimated monthly commitment in hours:
Requested start date:
October 8, 2018
Hourly Budgeted Rate:
Approximately $15-20/hour (negotiable)
Any additional info:
If this position sounds like it would be PERFECT for you, please let us know by emailing your application and a PDF copy of your resume to email@example.com, with the subject line “Online Marketing Assistant Application,” letting us know: (1) Where you heard about this position, and (2) Why you are interested in this role, and (3) What would make you a great candidate.
Thanks for your interest – we’re excited to hear from you!