As virtual assistants, the way we portray and represent ourselves online can make or break a deal with a potential client. You want to make sure what you're writing, whether it's the bio for your website or an important email, sounds professional, polished and clear. This course on high-impact business writing from Coursera will help you to identify your objective and communicate it clearly, as well as correct and avoid the most common writing pitfalls.
Why Should You Enroll?
Writing is a crucial skill that every business professional should know how to do, and do well. As a virtual assistant, where much of your communication is probably done via email, it's an even more vital skill to learn. Many of us work with very busy founders and executives, and being able to get a point across clearly and quickly is an incredible asset.
This course has 4 parts. Each part consists of videos and lessons that it suggests you complete each week. The topics are as follows:
- Introduction to Business Writing
- Spelling, Grammar, Sentence and Paragraphs
- Document Types and Their Considerations
- Finalizing Formal Document and Informal Written Communication and Social Media
Is There Any Certification?
Yes, Coursera courses have certification available, however, you must pay the upgrade fee to fully purchase the course.
Let us know what you think about the class in the comments below! We'd love to hear what your experience was with the course.
Latest posts by We Are Virtual Assistants (see all)
- Hiring A VA Has Been A Big Win For Me, Personally and Professionally - August 22, 2019
- 4 Amazing Apps for Networking Online Like A Pro - August 15, 2019
- It Will Boost Your Productivity, and Bottom Line - August 13, 2019