The holidays are just around the corner, and that means tons of delicious meals, desserts, and also, it seems, last minute tasks from clients who are trying to wrap up their end of the year loose ends. What does this mean for virtual assistants? Probably a lot of trying to balance fun family celebrations while also sitting at your desk quite a bit to finish endless tasks. So how can you keep healthy through the holidays? We wanted to take on a little twist on this Tools post and focus on awesome gadgets you can use at your desk that can help your mind and body over the next few months so you can do your best work!
- Back App Ergonomic Stool - This chair boasts the ability to reduce back pain associated with sitting at a desk for a long period of time, as well as a way to subtly strengthen your back and abdominal muscles to prevent further injury! The chair was designed in Norway, and can be a little pricey to ship. But, if you're suffering with back pain, it might be something to consider!
- Fitness Mad Stability Cushion - Get a mini ab workout in while you're sending or replying to emails! These cushions destabilize your chair cushion so that you have to use your abs to balance yourself. You can also take a little break and stand up on them for an extra workout for the core. You can check them out on Amazon.
- Gamercize PC-Sport - Need a little motivation to keep moving? This mini-desk elliptical machine gadget works with your computer and detects when you're slowing down to an unacceptable pace. The machine boasts that you can burn 200-400 calories per hour while simply sitting at your desk. You can learn more about it here.
- Hand Squeeze Balls - Feeling a little stressed from the business of the season and just need to relieve some stress? Try a stress ball. It's a great way to reduce tension, build muscle in your hands from all the typing and writing, and, they come in cute designs! There are a ton of brands, so take your pick! You can view a lot of them on Amazon.
What are some ways you stay healthy while working around the busy holidays? We'd love to hear about them in the comments section below! Also - if you've tried any of these products, comment and let other readers know what you think!
Latest posts by We Are Virtual Assistants (see all)
- VA Tools In The Spotlight: Mailchimp - January 16, 2018
- Free Skill Class Of The Week – Intro To Adobe Photoshop - January 11, 2018
- I’m Confident In My VA; She Knows What To Say & When To Say It - January 9, 2018