Being a virtual assistant can sometimes mean last-minute tasks from clients who are trying to wrap up their own loose ends. We've probably all heard by now that sitting at your desk for long stretches isn't the best idea, but unfortunately, it's part of the nature of the job when you're a VA. So how can you keep healthy when faced with a busy stretch? We wanted to take on a little twist on this Tools post and focus on awesome gadgets you can use at your desk that can help your mind and body so you can do your best work!
- Back App Ergonomic Stool - This chair boasts the ability to reduce back pain associated with sitting at a desk for a long period of time, as well as a way to subtly strengthen your back and abdominal muscles to prevent further injury! The chair was designed in Norway, and can be a little pricey to ship. But, if you're suffering with back pain, it might be something to consider!
- Fitness Mad Stability Cushion - Get a mini ab workout in while you're sending or replying to emails! These cushions destabilize your chair cushion so that you have to use your abs to balance yourself. You can also take a little break and stand up on them for an extra workout for the core. You can check them out on Amazon.
- Gamercize PC-Sport - Need a little motivation to keep moving? This mini-desk elliptical machine gadget works with your computer and detects when you're slowing down to an unacceptable pace. The machine boasts that you can burn 200-400 calories per hour while simply sitting at your desk. You can learn more about it here.
- Hand Squeeze Balls - Feeling a little stressed? Try a stress ball. It's a great way to reduce tension, build muscle in your hands from all the typing and writing, and, they come in cute designs! There are a ton of brands, so take your pick! You can view a lot of them on Amazon.
What are some ways you stay healthy while working away at your desk? We'd love to hear about them in the comments section below! Also - if you've tried any of these products, comment and let other readers know what you think!
Latest posts by We Are Virtual Assistants (see all)
- Having VAs on Board has Helped Us Put More Processes Into Place - September 12, 2019
- Free Skills Class of the Week: Salesforce Training - September 10, 2019
- 3 Online Tools To Help You Show Your Client’s Appreciation - September 3, 2019