As a virtual assistant, having the online tools and resources necessary to complete your work is a MUST. And because roles for different clients can become so diverse, this means you probably use an unfathomable amount of online applications across the board! Mailchimp, Slack, Google, Asana, Basecamp, Facebook - the list never ends!
Did you know there are programs out there that can make all of these separate applications work together? Enter the world of automated integration - it's a magical place where all of your apps talk to one another and work off cause and effect to get things done for you. This post explores a few different integration services with one goal in mind - to make your life easier and help you be more productive!
- Zapier - For professional use, arguably one of the best integration softwares out there is Zapier. Zapier offers integration between more than 500 different online applications, and allows for multiple actions to be triggered by just one event. For example, if your trigger is posting a picture to Instagram, your actions can be that Zapier will automatically save that photo to Dropbox, post it to Facebook, and do whatever else you choose. Pretty nifty! One drawback is that Zapier is only available on a web browser, so for virtual assistants who do a lot of work from your phone, this software might not be best for you. Zapier has a free subscription, or premium plans starting at $20 a month with a free trial.
- IFTTT (If This Than That) - IFTTT automation software works by building what they call "recipes" that are essentially a cause/action between two apps. One of the most attractive features of the software is just its simplicity of use, almost anyone can figure out how to build an effective recipe. Currently boasting integration with 336 apps, IFTTT is still a great option for use by professionals. You can find out what it's all about and what type of integrations are possible by browsing some sample recipes here!
- WeWiredWeb - One of our favorite features to note about WeWiredWeb is that it offers a unique wire diagram style interface that allows users to get a full view of what all their apps are doing on one screen. And, like Zapier, it also offers multiple triggers for one event, so it's a great tool for virtual assistants looking to make their actions have several results. WeWiredWeb offers 4 different pricing tiers and a free trial of their basic program for 14 days. Find out more about their subscription plans here.
While this is just a brief overview, know that there are several other integration softwares out there, and even more options if you have a development background. We'd encourage you to explore them and find out which best fits your needs. Whichever program you decide to implement, we hope it helps to save you time and simplify your busy life!
Latest posts by We Are Virtual Assistants (see all)
- Keep Accounts Safe with These 4 Password Protection Sites - May 26, 2020
- The Office in Your Pocket: Apps for Working with Documents On The Go - May 21, 2020
- Free Skill Class Of The Week – Basics Of Mailchimp - May 19, 2020