Sabrina Cadini is in love with the entrepreneurial lifestyle, and she's not looking back! Sabrina, a talented event designer turned business coach, now wants to reach others who are looking to build a business of their own and live life on their own terms! Read about Sabrina's journey into becoming a successful entrepreneur, and her advice to others looking to follow that dream:
Hello! Tell us what you do!
Hi, everyone! I’m an event designer and planner specializing in weddings (La Dolce Idea Weddings & Soirees), and a business coach for wedding entrepreneurs (Sabrina Cadini). I live in San Diego, California which is a favorite destination for wedding couples ☺
Tell us a little bit about you, and your business!
I design and plan different types of social events, corporate meetings, and non-profits however, weddings are my favorites. It’s all about the “one-of-a-kind” aspect, the emotions and the excitement that makes them unique (and more memorable).
This long-time passion and dedication for weddings allowed me to expand my services to business coaching for wedding entrepreneurs. My coaching clients are either starting out in the industry or they are a little more experienced but they feel stuck and they need strategies and solutions to elevate their brand, amplify their visibility and become more profitable.
My programs guide entrepreneurs to develop a successful business but they also include:
* My recipe for an optimal life-work balance based on four basic principles: eat healthy foods, exercise regularly, get adequate sleep, take care of yourself. Many entrepreneurs underestimate the mind-body connection: when your body is healthy you are more productive
* Use of technology - I love how technology can help us entrepreneurs to optimize our time, manage our business, and connect with our clients. I strive for paperless, and I use mobile apps whenever possible
* Social media presence - I’m a huge social media user and I consistently live stream to engage with my audience in a more personal and authentic way
How did you get started as an entrepreneur?
I started planning events many years ago and I never thought this would become my full-time job but I loved the process of bringing a client’s vision to life. I also owned a destination management company with my husband in the 90s and we specialized in medical conventions all over the United States. After the tragic events of September 11, the business closed down but that didn’t stop my entrepreneurial mindset. That’s how La Dolce Idea Weddings & Soirees started. All my previous experience in event planning and the extensive travel helped me grow as a designer and as a planner. Today I’m proud to say that I’m a successful entrepreneur and, for this reason, I’m empowering other wedding entrepreneurs with my coaching programs.
What do you love about the lifestyle?
There are some things as an Entrepreneur that I could never live without:
1) Flexible schedule – I can organize my day however I want and set goals at my own pace.
2) Reward – My hard work and efforts are for myself, not for someone else (I love when people give ME credit for something!)
3) Code of Ethics – I act with integrity to create successful relationships, people count on my professionalism, and I don’t have to follow other people’s rules or behaviors (something that you often must accept when you work for a company)
As a planner, I’m always working on some fabulous celebrations by incorporating my client’s personalities, color, textures, and I try to involve all the senses for a memorable experience.
As a business coach, I’m always working on something new that can benefit my clients and allows them to be better professionals. In this case, I am creating a community specifically for wedding entrepreneurs (#WeddingPreneurs Mastermind) that will include a dedicated Facebook group with special workshops and webinars, and a Twitter chat.
I’m also pitting together a course on how to create a foolproof wedding day timeline. I believe that, with great planning comes a flawless event!
~ Don’t wait! ~
We always hesitate to make our dreams come true because of doubts or fears. We are afraid of other people’s judgement, we are not sure if that idea is worth the effort, we are afraid of failure. But if we don’t work towards the goal we’ll never know if that dream can be successful or not. And, if it’s not successful you can use that bump in the road as a learning experience for something greater!
Most inspiring person you have ever met so far and why?
My mother has always been a huge role model for me. Her strength and determination inspired and still inspires me to move forward every single day!
One piece of advice you would give your younger self
Dare more. I realize I wasted some years of my life because I wasn't confident in my decisions.
What's the bravest thing you ever had to do?
Public speaking! I have been serving on the board of the Association of Bridal Consultants since 2010 and I was their San Diego Director until this past January. Part of my job was talking in front of members and guests at our monthly meetings and I remember being extremely nervous at the beginning. However, public speaking eventually improved my life and my business relationships, and now it’s something that I love to do whenever I teach workshops and trainings about business and live streaming.
Connect with Sabrina:
Sabrina Cadini is an Award-Winning Event Designer and Business Coach and Consultant for wedding professionals in San Diego, CA. Stay in touch with Sabrina and her business by visiting her website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest!
- 4 Apps To Help You Find Great Content - September 22, 2020
- I Have A Wonderful Synergy With My Virtual Assistant - September 15, 2020
- Free Skills Class of the Week: Google Analytics Academy - September 8, 2020