Seraine Page, LLC
Description of work to be done:
Freelance writer needs research VA
Who I am:
An award-winning journalist turned entrepreneur. I run a freelance content writing business where I create content + content marketing strategies to clients across the U.S.
All of my current client work is blog research and writing. I have 25 blogs to write a month, so I'm looking for someone to be my right hand person to keep me on track with deadlines.
My current clients are in the technology app, health and wellness, and online education spaces. That’s always subject to change as I take on new clients, but you can generally expect we aren’t going to be writing about stuff like finances or physics. Because, bleh.
What I’m looking for:
Research, blog outlining:
I need someone who is comfortable outlining and formatting blog posts. This is a priority for me right now and will be what the trial run is based on. (If you’re reading this and this is your zone of genius, I can’t wait to talk to you!)
What will I need you to include in your outlines?
The basic structure:
Create at least 5 different titles. (You’ll choose the best one later; you can use the others on social media.)
-Subdivide the content into sections.
Use subheadings (H1, H2, H3) and bulleted lists.
List all the keywords you’ve found.
- I’ll send over a list of topic ideas for you to kick your research off
- Basic research to see how we can do things differently from competition
- Add subheaders (H1,H2 tags)
- SEO keyword research (you don’t need to be an SEO expert. If you know the basics of keyword research — how to check out competitor sites, Google trends knowledge, use a tool like SEOquake etc., you’ll do fine)
- Understand how to research industry trends, create original ideas, etc.
- Background in journalism, blogging, content writing or even library science
- East coast time zone
Who I’m looking for:
- A deadline slayer. You MUST hit deadlines. No ifs, ands, or buts. I don’t miss deadlines, ever.
- A good communicator. If you’re having trouble with researching, reach out. I want to have the best possible research to back up the content I write. Don’t be scared to ask for guidance. I don’t bite.
- A decent speller. You won't be writing the posts, but I need to understand your emails and outlines.
- An insatiable curiosity. Not all topics will be super exciting. But, we have to present those topics in a way that will engage readers.
- A part-time, independent contractor. This is a new way for me to run my business, so I estimate I will need your help between 5-10 hours a week, to start. We’ll do a trial and see how things go. We’ll use Google Docs and/or Trello to communicate.
- An understanding of the marketing world. If you’ve professionally written blogs before or even worked for a marketing agency, I’d love to connect with you.
You’re not a right fit if:
- You’re looking to make fast money (I want a long-term VA partner!)
- You have more than 5 clients
- You’re not interested in research
- You can’t offer 5-10 hours per week
- You’re not open to doing a trial project
Questions? Let me know. I look forward to hearing why you think you’re the best person for the job.
Duration of work:
Software VA should be familiar with:
Trello and Google Spreadsheets are musts! 🙂
Estimated monthly commitment in hours:
Requested start date:
March 18, 2019
Hourly Budgeted Rate:
Any additional info:
Please fill out the above questionnaire for additional consideration/screening.