What were you struggling with in your business that led you to begin working with a virtual assistant?
Our business needed to scale its operations. I originally executed all of the work and processes in my business, but found it difficult to scale as more clients came on board. In order to scale, I needed workers who could work autonomously. In my experience, I've found virtual assistants to be the best employment solution for improving productivity.
Tell us a little about what you have delegated and how you work together?
We delegate tasks in our work processes that create a bottleneck in our business. We actually develop our working processes in-house and then hire virtual assistants to be a part of the team. Some of the common tasks that we delegate include:
- Data entry - For finding leads and prospecting opportunities
- IT services - For any web development
- Copywriting - For some writing projects that require specialists
- Social media marketing - We train people to have the skills to manage social media accounts on a full-time basis
How has working with a virtual assistant supported your business, and you personally?
For my business - 2 years. However, I have worked with virtual assistants for 5 years.
What differences have you noticed in your business since you started working with a virtual assistant?
It's very cost-effective and the people are quite skilled.
What advice would you give to other entrepreneurs seeking virtual assistants?
There are several very good virtual assistants. You should keep an open mind with creating a virtual team of experts. It is important to develop a hiring process that will allow you to find and hire people that will add value to your business. Some of the things that I do includes:
- Checking their reviews
- Reviewing their skillset
- Checking examples of their past projects
- Seeing their vision
- Going with my gut
Want to learn more about David and his business? Visit his website here.
Looking to hire your own virtual assistant? Start here!
David James is the Founder of Business Growth Digital Marketing. Developing marketing systems that are proven to work is his passion. It delivers value and wealth for both customers and entrepreneurs. David wants to share information that will help empower businesses to develop a successful marketing systems through SEO, Content marketing, PPC, Social Media and more.
- 4 Apps To Help You Find Great Content - September 22, 2020
- I Have A Wonderful Synergy With My Virtual Assistant - September 15, 2020
- Free Skills Class of the Week: Google Analytics Academy - September 8, 2020