Heather Smith is a business woman on a mission to improve the financial literacy of small businesses. She aims to educate and empower small business owners to produce accurate and meaningful management reports in a timely manner. She is a leading provider of Remote MYOB XERO & SAASU Support.
As well as being a financial guru and helping small businesses understand how and why the numbers add up, she loves technology and regularly engages with clients and colleagues using social media (and her blog. She is a full-time business professional who outsources daily tasks like personal and professional phonecalls and bookings, and also uses virtual support to complete research and administrative tasks.
What were you looking for in a VA?
- Phone calls, personal and business
- Bills and subscription help
What inspired you to start hiring virtually?
My name is Heather Smith and I am a Management Accountant, Author and Presenter. I am a MYOB and XERO consultant. I empower people all over the world to understand and manage their own business accounts, by connecting to them virtually through training and support. I recently wrote the book www.LearnMYOBin7Days.com, and am working on finishing off my second book. I have a busy business and family life, but I don’t want to employ people, so I turned to outsourcing.
What were some of the challenges? How did you overcome them?
I have been working with virtual support for several years. I get them to do the following tasks.
- Making phone calls to clients, confirming appointments, and chasing outstanding payments
- Making personal calls to my children’s schools, chasing warranties and tradespeople, setting up appointments with hairdressers and doctors
- Sourcing and presenting technical research information
- Downloading tax statements from online billers for my records
- Paying bills and arranging subscriptions (yes, my Australia VA has my credit card details; I trust her implicitly)
I like to be able to develop a process, and then just get them to automatically do it for me.
The biggest challenge may be communication. I want the VA to regularly update me about where they are at, so I know they are on the right track.
How has hiring virtually supported your business and you personally?
You cannot do the $2500 jobs, while you are busy doing the $25 jobs. Using Virtual Assistants have given me my life back, and I need to outsource more work to my VA’s.
If you could do it all over again, what would do differently?
I would have done it sooner!
Visit Heather over at HeatherSmithSmallBusiness.com
Heather Smith is a business woman on a mission to improve the financial literacy of small businesses. She aims to educate and empower small business owners to produce accurate and meaningful management reports in a timely manner.
Latest posts by We Are Virtual Assistants (see all)
- 5 Useful (And Free) Tools To Help You Step Up Your Twitter Game - June 18, 2019
- I’ll Always Have Someone I Trust Implicitly if an Emergency Arises - June 11, 2019
- Free Skills Class of the Week: High-Impact Business Writing - June 4, 2019