There are some communication skills that are simply vital to success for freelancers or business owners. Two of these skills are negotiation and conflict resolution. If you've ever had a difficult time approaching a client about rates, a problem, or clarification on something - this free course from Open2Study is for you!
Why Should You Enroll?
Almost everyday in business, we negotiate or resolve conflicts, oftentimes without even noticing it! This course will teach you a new way to think about, and recognize when you need to apply skills for negotiation and conflict resolution that will allow you to carry on with confidence.
This course will teach you the science behind negotiation and conflict resolution, as well as give you practical tips for applying your skills in real life scenarios. The class also includes discussion boards so that you can ask questions, and interact with other students in the course about the items you're learning.
This course is comprised of 4 modules. Each includes 10 short videos, 9 quizzes and 1 general assessment, and will require an average of 2-4 study hours per week. Here's a little more information on exactly what you'll learn in the course, according to Open2Study:
- Recognize cognitive heuristics that lead to poor negotiation decisions
- Identify a range of negotiation strategies and the consequences of only using a single strategy across different contexts
- Label different phases of a negotiation and learn what to do in each phase
- Understand how the skills and strategies can be applied to common workplace scenarios
- Explore different explanations for the origins of human conflict
- Understand a general framework for analyzing and resolving conflict
- Describe a set of common communication skills and how they apply
- Bridge the gap between ‘knowing’ and ‘doing’ so that you can put the skills into practice in your own life.
Is There Any Certification?
No, this course does not offer any official certification. However, the skills you learn in dealing with negotiation and conflict resolution will apply to many different situations in your business and life!
Let us know what you think about the class in the comments below! We'd love to hear what your experience was with the course.
- I Have A Wonderful Synergy With My Virtual Assistant - September 15, 2020
- Free Skills Class of the Week: Google Analytics Academy - September 8, 2020
- Which Customer Relationship Management Tool is Right For You? - August 27, 2020